Monday, December 17, 2012

Lap Time

So, one of the hardest long term side effects of chemotherapy, radiation, and a bone marrow transplant is extreme fatigue. Most days I struggle to get the simplest of chores done, like laundry or taking a shower. I get tired just standing and brushing my teeth. So when the opportunity to procrastinate comes up, I usually jump at it. Which leads me to Lap Time.

When you have a cat, Lap Time presents itself as one of those golden opportunities to procrastinate. It's is our duty as cat owners to honor Lap Time. Lap Time is a sacred occasion when your kitty blesses you with purrs and cuddles. I would equate Lap Time with being knighted by the Queen. Lap Time is a holy time. We change out plans for Lap Time.

This happens almost everyday:






Honor the Lap Time.

(And get someone else to get groceries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment